Shopping in Ha Noi Viet Nam
* Song (5 Nha Tho)-my favorite with beautiful designs from Australian designer. There’s also a shop in Australia, and prices reflect that.
Khai Silk (121 Nguyen Thai Hoc)- very high quality silk and linen clothing with innovative designs and price tags to match. There are several branches, but the headquarters with three floors has the widest selection.
* F Silk (40D Hang Manh)- also high quality with innovative designs, a little cheaper than Khai Silk. Other branches in Hanoi Towers and on Hang Gai.
* Thuy An (179 Hang Bong)- quality silk but few designs. If you know what you want and just need the cloth and tailor, this place has reasonable prices.
* Co (18 Nha Tho)- very good tailor for both men and women when you know what you want to get made. Good work, but are not fast.
* Craft Link (43 Van Mieu)-not-for-profit store that serves as an outlet for ethnic minority products.
* Lan Vietnamese Handicrafts (4b Yen The)- not-for-profit that provides education and training for young handicapped people. Specializes in quilts but also has other smaller items like hand-made cards and small dolls.
* Craft Window (99 Nguyen Thai Hoc)- a few stores down from Khai Silk headquarters; has a nice selection of craft products. They have another store two doors down with a wide selection of women’s bags.
* For ethnic minority products, from recent to antique, and from a dollar to several hundred, there are lots of stores around Hang Be, Hang Bach, and Dinh Liet.
* Ipa Nima (59G Hai Ba Trung)- innovative women’s bags and purses made for export to New York, Tokyo and elsewhere, with prices reflecting the no-Vietnam clientele.
* Pinoccohio (129 Hang Bong)- nice wooden women’s shoes (about $14).
* Asia House (38 Hang Hom)- lovely wooden furniture; they can arrange for shipping.
Trang Tien plaza
Address: 24 Hai BA Trung street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (84 4) 9346739
Fax: (84 4) 9349715
Note: The high-profile, 18,800sq.m shopping centre, located on the site of the former Hanoi General Department Store near Hoan Kiem (Restored Sword) Lake, is 100 per cent domestic-owned. The centre comprises six storeys and an underground floor that will be used for vehicle parking.Designed by French architect Claude Cuverlier, Trang Tien Plaza is the largest commercial centre in the capital and has once again made the lakeside site a Hanoi landmark.
Address: 222 Tran Duy Hung street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Note: This is a wholesale center, with all the products selling at a reasonable price. Clothes, food, electrical appliances can easily be found here.
Vincom City Towers
Address: 191 Ba Trieu street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Note: Vincom City Towers of Vincom Jsc. at 191 Ba Trieu Str. is a real Vietnam modern trade centre that could compare with those in other regional countries. Ninety eight percent of the building area has been used so far. The tower includes entertainment center, supermarket,… as well as beautiful highland cafe and other bakeries as well.